Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Are Holidays Stressing You Out? Part Two

Hello my dear friends,

Today is the day when I will share with you the tips that help me to avoid holiday stress. As the discussion started yesterday, perhaps you need a little reminder how we ended the first installment. Well, the best way is to visit Part One. This will definitely help you to follow my thoughts.

So let's begin! I will follow the pattern I created in Part One post and hope you can follow with me:

Image credit www.rsvpeventsonline.com
1. If you are staying in town or leaving town - DO NOT STRESS OUT! If you are hosting a party or family diner or heading out to number of parties - DO NOT STRESS OUT! All you have to do is remember couple of little things - no matter what you do, YOU WILL DO YOUR BEST and what is in your control, whatever happens besides that IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL! This is VERY IMPORTANT to remember! You cannot control outside factors such as weather, traffic and of course other people's behavior! You are just a human, as wonderful as you are!

Image credit
www.fcchristmasdinnerf.hol.es
2. If you have special family traditions or special dinner plans - DO NOT STRESS OUT! If you have special plans for dinner your are cooking or contributing to a special dinner, or if you are or you have "special eaters" - DO NOT STRESS OUT! All you have to do is remember couple of little things - YOU WILL DO YOUR ABSOLUTE BEST and the rest is NOT IN YOUR CONTROL!

3. If you are connecting with people over the holiday season either they are family, friends or special people - DO NOT STRESS OUT! And remember the important factor - they are on your list and it already shows that you care and YOU WILL DO YOUR BEST to visit everyone! But you are just one person and there are just so many days in the holiday season. And sometimes THINGS BEYOND YOUR CONTROL get in the way.

Image credit
 www.anewworldsociety.ning.com
4. If you have children or large family or special projects and charities that you would like to contribute to - DO NOT STRESS OUT! In this case you are the one IN CONTROL of your spending and yes at times outside factors might ruin your plans (this is my Christmas this year). But once again THIS IS NOT IN YOUR CONTROL! And if you did not get everything everyone wanted, the important part to remember YOU DID YOUR BEST! And the best part is that you can share your time with all of the above (believe me, kids will understand, if they don't.... it's another post).

5. And now, this is a VERY IMPORTANT - this is "you time". I cannot emphasize enough to make sure you take few hours to yourself before, during and after holidays. With amount of preparations, activities and after-mass it is very easy to get stressed out. So I ask you - DO NOT STRESS OUT! YOU ARE IN CONTROL of "you time" and yes there could be some outside factors that can interfere but unless someone's life is in danger, I suggest that YOU LET THINGS BE.
Image credit
 www.empoweringnet.com

That's it! Those are my tips! Are you disappointed? I hope not! These are very easy to remember and there are only two - DO NOT STRESS OUT and YOU ARE ONLY IN CONTROL OF WHAT YOU YOU CAN DO! Very simple!

Sure I can expand on how to please everyone and make everyone happy; how to make the best meal and consider everyone; how to find the best dress to the party and throw the best party; how to budget properly to make sure everyone got a great gift, etc., etc., etc.. But I do not want to waste my time right now for two reasons:

a) There are plenty of articles on-line that can teach you all of the above. You will read them and some of you will try to follow them to the letter. And when it does not work out as suggested you are going to say: "Well, they don't know what they are talking about."

b) My post is a remind for you - DO NOT STRESS OUT! I understand that it is easier said than done so I ask you to remember only one things that can help you - FOCUS ON THINGS THAT ARE IN YOUR CONTROL! That's it!
Image credit www.etsy.com

I am very grateful and consider myself very fortunate to understand that and know that my son is learning this simple concept as well. Yes, I am not perfect and few of these are still on my "not done" list but I am work in progress. My goal is to help people to recognize what's IMPORTANT DURING THIS TIME of the year - TO BE HAPPY! And if you are stressed out I do not believe you or anyone else around you will be. I hope that you help me by sharing this post with your crowd to make sure more people understand this simple concept.

To conclude this post I would recommend to give yourself time to prepare for holidays. The length of time depends on your personality and  the level of control you like to have (just remember outside factors, Plan B might be a good idea). I suggest you take about an hour or two 30 minutes of quiet "you time" in mid or late November (or the year before for some of you, few of my friends, just remember Plan B) and make your plans for the holidays.

I hope you enjoyed reading my post and hopeful that you take the main idea of this post and work with it! It took me sometime and I believe I am pretty close to perfection, well in my own "perfection way" (we are all different!). Please share it and DO NOT STRESS OUT!

Thank you for stopping by and remember

Be Active! Be Involved! Be a Current Woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment