Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Meaning of January 1st

Happy New Year and welcome to a full of potential, promise and clarity 2015!

What? Is it a little too enthusiastic for January 1st? Is your head hurting from the partying and loud music? Can you not stomach that healthy mushroom and tomato egg whites omelet with avocado that I had this morning? Are you not seeing what I am seeing?

Let's snap out of a "mean girl" mode (that is not me after all) and think about January 1st for a moment. And really think about it! What does it mean to you?

And while you are thinking, I will share my opinions. By now you should know me a little so don't tell me that I have not warn you. Here they come:

1. Get back to basics!

Surprise! I only have one major statement today, that is it! Very simple and very basic! But since we already established a fact that you know me a little, you will of course expect elaboration.

What does "back to basics" mean to me on this January 1st, 2015? It means a lot: it means that doors are wide open, it means that anything is possible and most importantly it means I found myself. Yes, "basic me" with my intrinsic sense of self, my zest for life and my creative but complex mind.

As you learned from  my previous post, I lost myself in the last few years. That is one of the reasons that "Current Woman" has been silent since 2012. But after many battles, much reflection and soul searching the answer to all became very clear - get back to basics!

Over the years I have finally learned who I am and pretending or trying to fit in just does not work for me. The biggest lesson I have learned for myself in the last couple of years is not to settle. Yes, there could be many reasons why it has to be done but you loose yourself. And to me it is one of the most painful experiences in life!

You see the experiences of the last few years, business and personal, reminded me that I have my own mould. It is mine and no one else can fit it. So, why try to fit into something that is not yours? Does this make sense so far?

I am a human being first of all. I love people and think we are all wonderful, even those that make me angry (you are forgiven) and make me cry (we were just not a good fit). My wish for everyone is very simple - be kind and happy. But I know that no matter how hard I try, I am unable to make everyone happy. It is not up to me and I have to know when to let it go (even when it comes to the ones closest to you). Yes, some people might get hurt in the process but it is never my intent.

When it comes to business - basics is your foundation. Never forget that! In a complex world of technology basics still prevail. So, here I am going back, back to the starting position. Ready to roll the dice!

I can go on and on and on but hope you get the point (besides, there will not be much left for my future posts). To summarize it all I would like you to take 20 - 30 minutes out of your day today and reflect on your life. Are you where you belong? Are you settling? Are you really you?

Please do not read into this as if I am pushing you to make drastic changes and turn your life upside down (unless this is what you really need). This might not be the answer for you. And maybe all you need are just few adjustments and some tuning up.

Everyone is different! But the most important part to remember is not to loose yourself! The world is made up of very different people and that is what makes it so beautiful. So, let's keep it that way! You are here for a reason and your life is very important to the world!

I hope this post helps you to bring some clarity to 2015 and beyond. I also hope that it will help you to remember what a beautiful, wonderful, smart and kind person you are and keep it that way! The world needs you!

Happy New Year! Let 2015 bring you great happiness, great health, great love and great success!

And do not forget

Be Active! Be Involved! Be a Current Woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment